Working with MoonRings
- Browse our site - learn a bit about MoonRings and what we offer!
- If you are unsure of your destination, work through a Destination Evaluation right online. Or, if you prefer, do it by phone with a MoonRings Relationship Manager at 800-205-3314 (M-F, 9 am - 7 pm CST).
- We will get back to you by e-mail within one week with a personalized assessment, which will include specific suggestions on destinations and planning.
- Call MoonRings toll free for a complimentary consultation with a Relationship Manager to discuss your options. Afterwards, decide if MoonRings is right for you (please review our Terms of Service and Fee Structure).
- Once you have chosen to work with MoonRings, you will have full access to your personal Relationship Manager, who will help you design and book your honeymoon or other travels.
Fee StructureAbout our fees:
Our base consulting, planning & booking fees vary from $150 to $625 per couple, depending on your destination and length of travel. Everyone receives a complimentary initial consultation with a MoonRings Relationship Manager.
At the time you decide to work with MoonRings we will provide a fee estimate based on the outcome of your initial consultation. Final fees may differ depending on the actual trip planned. Your Relationship Manager will keep you informed of any potential fee changes before they occur. The fee will be charged once you have "signed off" on your final itinerary.
Please use the table below to estimate your fee:
|MOONRINGS FEE STRUCTURE||LENGTH OF TRIP|
|9 to 18
|19 to 29
|Canada, Caribbean, Hawaii, Mexico, and Continental United States
|A) Fiji, Cooks, Tahiti, & Central America
B) Canada, Caribbean, Hawaii, Mexico, and continental United States
|Australia, Southeast Asia, Indian Ocean, South America, Southern Africa||$295||$395||$495||$595|
|Europe, New Zealand, Russia, North & East Africa, India, Central & Northern Asia, Middle East, and rest of world||$325||$425||$525||$625|
* Above fees are per trip in US$. Trip length includes days in transit.
* If combining two or more destinations, planning fee will be the higher of the two.
* For trips of 30 days or longer, our fee may vary so please contact us for an exact quote.
- Travel document shipping & handling (UPS 2nd Day Air) - $16.95 (to US addresses)
- Rush planning (within 45 days of departure) - $95
- Planning initiated after July 1st for holiday period travel (Dec 15 - Jan 5) - $100
- Flight analysis, recommendations and/or reservations using frequent flier miles - $50 for up to two airline requests ($25 per additional request)
- Flight analysis, recommendations and/or reservations using Amex points; Bookings using Amex Platinum International Airline Program - $150
- 100% custom tailored trip based on your individual interests and budget
- Assistance with choosing destination(s), lodging, transportation and local activities
- Booking and reconfirmation of all travel components
- Concierge-level service throughout: Advice on and assistance with all travel-related items, including dining, spa, travel insurance, currency exchange, etc.
- Full access, via phone and e-mail, to your MoonRings Relationship Manager
- Personalized departure packet, including a destination "miniguide" (sights, restaurants, etc.)
- Peace of mind while traveling with 24/7 back-up assistance available
- For new honeymoon clients, complimentary planning and booking of a 1st anniversary getaway, to be taken within 18 months of the honeymoon. Only valid for trips to a single destination within the United States, Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean. Multi-destination or highly customized trips outside these areas are eligible for a $100 discount on typical planning fees.
MoonRings Crescent Club
MoonRings' Crescent Club is an invitation-only program designed specifically for discriminating travelers. Annual membership provides a wide range of personalized services for those who travel regularly and demand exceptional service. If you are MoonRings alumni and would like to learn more, please contact us at 800.205.3314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MoonRings Gift Certificates
Why not give your newly engaged friends or family members the means to plan their perfect honeymoon? MoonRings gift certificates are available in $50 increments and can be applied towards the couple's planning fee or towards their actual trip.
Gift certificates are sent in a beautiful envelope, and include a personal note from you. To place an order, call us at (800) 205-3314, or download a simple form which can be faxed in. To download, right-click on the link below, then scroll down to "Save Target As...", and choose a location on your hard drive to save the file.
Honeymoon Gift Certificate Order Form (PDF format)
Terms of Service
When working with MoonRings, please be advised of the following Terms of Service.
Once you have gotten to know us, and have determined that we are the right fit for your travel program, simply let us know! Upon providing a Plan-to-Go deposit (see description below), we can start designing your trip.
In order to initiate your personal planning and booking, we require a $195 Plan-to-Go deposit. This deposit will be deducted from your MoonRings planning fee (see below). If your planning fee is less than $195, the balance will be refunded to you at the time of departure.
Should you choose to work with MoonRings, and then later cancel your trip or choose not to work with MoonRings for any reason, the deposit will be forfeited.
Planning fees are based on the destination and length of trip. Fees range from $195 to $675. This fee entitles customers to a wide range of specialized benefits. For additional information, please review our fee page. You are not required to know your final destination at the start of planning; your fee will be established once the destination and length of trip have been decided upon.
Please note, planning fees for group travel and destination weddings are quoted on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us directly to obtain an estimate for your particular program.
When Payments are Due
- Plan to Go Deposit: Upon agreeing to work with MoonRings, prior to your itinerary development.
- Balance of Planning Fee: Upon receipt of your travel documents and final approval of the trip. MoonRings reserves the right to charge the balance if the trip is cancelled after all major travel-related items have been booked.
- Surcharges: At the initiation of the program and/or at the time of service.
- Other Travel Charges: Depending on the type of trip, other deposits may be required at specific times prior to travel. Your Luxury Travel Advisor will notify you when charges arise.
Pre-payment for some hotels and other services (such as sightseeing tours) is common throughout the travel industry. Some properties will request payment be made to MoonRings, and MoonRings then remit to them directly. In this case, MoonRings can accept your credit card for such pre-payments but note that an additional 3% fee will be charged to cover the credit card processor's transaction cost. There is no additional charge if you choose to pay via personal check. Wire transfers may entail an inbound and/or outbound bank fee, depending on the situation. MoonRings reserves the right to request pre-payment for very large charges solely via check or wire transfer. MoonRings will notify you of any payments required before they are due.
MoonRings and our partner, Andavo Travel, through whom payments may be processed, accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, personal checks and wire transfers.
Shipping Methods and Charges
MoonRings' standard method for shipping travel-related documents, unless otherwise stated in our policies, is via UPS Second Day Air (or equivalent). Shipping and handling charges are typically $18.95 to most US locations, and $31.95 to Canada, but can vary based on the the size of the package and the recipient's address. Shipping is charged to the customer's account. On shorter planning horizons (less than 45 days) or if changes are made to an itinerary close to your travel dates, UPS Next Day Air may be used at an approximate cost of $35.95 to most points in the US (but it can be higher or lower based on the package size and address).
The Plan to Go deposit is nonrefundable but may be transferable to a future trip if valid grounds are provided.
If you chose not to proceed with a booked trip, or if significant service issues arise, refunds of other planning fee components will be provided by the same method by which they were paid.
In the event of a trip cancellation, refunds of pre-paid trip items will be determined by the individual vendor cancellation policies (i.e., ground operators, wholesalers, hotels, tour companies, airlines, etc.). In some cases, a vendor may not have accepted a pre-payment but still has the right to charge a penalty (directly to the client's credit card) if the booking is cancelled within the specified cancellation period.
Frequent Flier Miles, Hotel Points and Travel Arrangements
With the continuing popularity of loyalty programs, we understand the desire to utilize them for travel. Usage of miles and points for air transportation is allowed and, if desired, we can research available options and facilitate bookings for a nominal surcharge (see fee page). Please note that the surcharge applies regardless of whether or not suitable options are found. In addition, when flights are booked using miles (or directly by the client), MoonRings will not be listed as the booking agent, and thus can only provide limited assistance in the event of flight-related problems (i.e., schedule changes, delays, cancellations, etc.).
Unfortunately, usage of miles or points for hotel bookings is not allowed as this significantly impedes our ability to leverage our local relationships for the benefit of our clients. Similarly, MoonRings must handle all on-the-ground travel arrangements, including hotel bookings, car rentals, transfers, rail tickets and tours.
MoonRings highly recommends the purchase of travel insurance. Travel insurance helps protect your investment in your honeymoon in the event of illness in your family, loss of job prior to travel, sickness / injury while traveling, financial default of a travel service provider, or delays in your transportation. If you are renting a car during your trip, the cost of collision/loss damage insurance normally offered by rental car companies is also covered.
To obtain the best coverage, it is important to purchase travel insurance within 14 days of making your initial travel arrangements (pre-existing health condition limitations are waived if purchased early in the process). MoonRings, through its travel insurance providers, is able to offer this kind of coverage to our clients. The cost will depend on age, length of stay, coverage desired, and value of trip. Please ask your Luxury Travel Advisor for further details.
In addition to conventional travel insurance, we can also provide access to Medical Evacuation coverage on a yearly or short-term basis through industry-leading providers. Please ask your MoonRings contact about this specialized service.
MoonRings facilitates the purchase of transportation, accommodations, tours, tickets, and other services from various independent suppliers that are not subject to its control. MoonRings cannot, therefore, be held liable for any personal injury or property damage that may occur due to (1) a wrongful, negligent, or arbitrary act by others not under the direct control of MoonRings, or (2) defects in or failures of any aircraft, vessel, automotive vehicle, or other means of transportation not under its control.
In addition, it is the sole responsibility of the client to meet all necessary travel requirements prior to departure, including but not limited to obtaining passports, proper entry visas and medical vaccinations. Your Luxury Travel Advisor, however, can provide contact information for relevant embassies and agencies, if requested.